I pray that you are safe, well and are finding ways to be at peace with the situation we find ourselves in during these turbulent days. I also hope that you realize it is for times like these that God has given us the gift of faith.
I am writing to ask for your prayers and help. As we are not meeting we have no way of collecting our Sunday offering which is our largest source of revenue, I would ask you to prayerfully consider either donating via:
Our website at http://holycrossnj.com/donate/ (Please consider setting up a recurring donation by setting up a PayPal account if you don’t already have one)
Or, by mailing at check to Holy Cross 639 Mountain Ave. Springfield NJ 07081
Your support at this time will go a long way to helping us make a difference in the lives of those whom we serve by providing them with the hope of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I realize that many are frightened for their economic future and others like us will have a dramatic loss of revenue. We are not asking you to consider sharing what you do not actually have but only out of that which you do.
The principle of tithing is that you share a percentage, if you have less then you give less. I do hope that whatever you give is given freely and lifts your spirit by being an act of hope that we will be the church we are called by God to be.
We at Holy Cross are here for you, we can listen, pray and find ways to help so together we may endure the challenge set before us. In these days of social distancing we are trying to keep our community engaged in the following ways:
1. Our elders are reaching out to congregation members daily
2. I can be reached at his direct extension 973-379-4525 x204 and at firstname.lastname@example.org at all times.
3. Worship Sunday 10 AM via Facebook Live at https://www.facebook.com/HolyCrossNJ/
4. Recorded YouTube Video and Audio File posted Sunday after worship at http://holycrossnj.com/blog/
5. Wednesday Noon Prayers and Meditation via Facebook Live at the above address.
6. Wednesday Evening Bible Study 7:30 PM https://us04web.zoom.us/j/453894977 or dial in +1 929 436 2866 US (New York) Meeting ID: 453 894 977
Finally, I thought these words from the Apostle Paul were helpful to me.
Yes, everything is for your sake, so that grace, as it extends to more and more people, may increase thanksgiving, to the glory of God. So we do not lose heart. Even though our outer nature is wasting away, our inner nature is being renewed day by day. For this slight momentary affliction is preparing us for an eternal weight of glory beyond all measure, because we look not at what can be seen but at what cannot be seen; for what can be seen is temporary, but what cannot be seen is eternal. 2 Corinthians 4:15-18 (NRSV)
Stay safe, be blessed and keep the Faith,